Aiming to personalise healthcare and provide information that will ‘allow patients to make meaningful choices about when and where to receive their treatment.’
Change 4 Life - advice and resources to help your family to eat healthily, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
Free information service provided by Cancer Research UK about cancer and cancer care for people with cancer and their families. Information is formatted in such a way that makes understanding the website an easy process
largest charity in the UK devoted to the care and treatment of people with diabetes in order to improve the quality of life for people with the condition
This website has been revamped to meet the needs of the thousands of people with asthma who visit the site each day, either to find important information about asthma and how to control it
Comprehensive information for people with all forms of dementia.
Tips on evaluating the reliability of online medical information
- Use sites from reputable organisations you have heard of.
- Double check the information by looking for other sources.
- Check there are contact details for any organisation or people responsible for the information not just an email address.
- Look at the advertising - does it seem to unduly influence the site content?
- All articles should quote references that you can look up.
- Watch out for claims about the superiority of any particular treatment over another
- Is this information supplied with a date to make sure it has not been superseded by other research.
- Check the sites confidentiality policy.
- Beware of sites claiming to be the definitive source.
- Beware of sites that criticise others.